Connect Your WooCommerce Store with Square
Connecting your WooCommerce Store with Square just became a whole lot cheaper. An exciting announcement was released from the folks at WooCommerce and the popular Square point of sale / payment processor. Beginning February 13, 2018, USA merchants can now integrate Square into their existing WooCommerce store for FREE.
Last year Square came onto the WooCommerce add-on marketplace as a paid add-on. Many merchants were looking for a way to integrate a POS into their e-commerce business to accept off-line sales. At Bluehive Interactive, we work with several merchants who are artisans, often selling their merchandise at craft markets and farmer markets in the spring/summer seasons. We used to recommend options which were not deeply integrated into WooCommerce and required an on-going monthly subscription.
In a recent study, Deloitte Consulting reported that more than two-thirds of shoppers are categorized as omnichannel consumers, preferring to engage in multiple channels throughout the purchase life cycle.
With Square, you can accept online and in-person payments through a single solution and easily track your inventory across all channels.
WooCommerce + Square = Awesomeness
This partnership brings with it some very nice features. We are most excited to be able to solve the age old problem of keeping inventory in sync.
Getting your products set up in both platforms is easy. Manually sync products from WooCommerce to Square, or from Square to WooCommerce — no need to set up items twice. When an item is purchased your inventory will automatically sync from Square to WooCommerce.
Save time by updating once
New products created in WooCommerce will automatically be added to Square. Create and update products in WooCommerce and instantly see those changes in Square. All changes including product names and prices will be reflected in both WooCommerce and Square.
Now that we have your attention, let’s take a look at some other great features.
As an e-commerce merchant we know you are always concerned with keeping costs low, and one of the biggest areas is with credit card merchant processing fees – while also reducing charges backs and ensuring overall general security for your website.
The WooCommerce Square add-on works to simply each of those:
- Accept payments anywhere, any time: Take payments online, in person or on the go with Square and never miss a sale. Square accepts all major debit and credit cards. (Available in the U.S, Canada, Australia, Japan and the UK)
- Clear pricing: Pay 2.75% per in-person transaction and 2.9% + $.30 for online transactions. Square also will offer custom rates for some businesses with annual revenues over $250K and an average ticket size over $15
- Fast deposits: See your funds deposited within one to two business days. We know this is huge for everyone trying to maintain their cash flow
- PCI-Compliance: Keeping your sales secure and compliant couldn’t be easier. Square complies with the PCI-DSS standards and there are no fees.
- Square Secure: Get Chargeback Protection and fraud detection at no cost so you can stay focused on your business.
We couldn’t be happier with this announcement and we know that as an e-commerce merchant who works both online and offline, this solution will safe a huge amount of time and allow you to focus on other areas of your business. If you are interested in implementing this into your website or would like to learn more – don’t hesitate to reach out to us.